Happy 2013! This week I’ve been working like a crazy woman behind the scenes revamping Joycreation and merging it with my new freelance design business.
While I’m trying really hard not to let perfectionism rule me in this endeavor, I do want to make sure things are well thought through, which – with my new year’s resolutions in mind – has led to the decision to give myself a little more time.
That said it would be unbearable not to share some of the upcoming developments, so, let’s take a peek:
What’s New In 2013?
1. The name: Yup, it’s time for something a little more sophisticated. Back in 2010, when I first started blogging, I chose “Joycreation” on a whim. And although the name has its charm, I’ve always felt a little funny about saying it out loud.
2. The Look: There will actually be an About page – with a photo, haha! The style I’ve chosen is minimalist, classy and just a tad bit more professional.
3. The topics: The first two years of blogging involved a ton of ground-testing (if this expression even exists). For the most part I wasn’t sure where I was going with all of this. Planning out my business has helped greatly in narrowing down the topics I’d like to focus on in 2013:
- I love connecting with other creative entrepreneurs and will host a monthly podcast, in which I interview creative business women, and offer resources on starting your own business.
- Design. Duh! It’s time to own it! As of this year I’m offering blog and web design services to small businesses, non-profit organizations and bloggers. I’ll also be launching my first products!
- Tutorials: I’m currently working on tutorials that will cover a variety of topics, such as WordPress/theme customization, Photoshop and Illustrator. One of my professional goals for this year is to invest more time in social media strategies, and I can’t wait to share my lessons, as I learn more.
- Living with intention: I’ve loved the Happiness Linkup my friend Erin of Artsocial brought to life in 2012 and I want to get more involved in it this year. Weekly posts on intentional living and happiness will begin next week.
- Inspiration: curated design and Etsy love will continue to be regulars, of course!
3. A monthly newsletter with updates and tips on creative entrepreneurship.
4. Collaboration with other bloggers (in form of guest posts, mutual projects, etc.)
I’m excited about the new year and can’t wait to share my journey with you!
photo above: home office inspiration found here